Steel Works Accident

Stuart0742

Received by email

My Uncle John William Ellison born 1900 was rumoured to have been cut in half in a Steel Mill in Sheffield. He lived at 27c Princess St. Can anyone point me in the direction of help or research please.

Ken Ellison

Any Ideas

Received by email

My Uncle John William Ellison born 1900 was rumoured to have been cut in half in a Steel Mill in Sheffield. He lived at 27c Princess St. Can anyone point me in the direction of help or research please.

Ken Ellison

Any Ideas

John William Ellison born in Sheffield, Dec quarter 1899, birth certificate 9c 637 according to Free BMD

Unfortunately to sustantiate the details of the accident we really need his death certificate rather than his birth certificate.

Additional information which would be useful are date / age of his death to locate a death certificate and possible newspaper / inquest reports into the accident.

Given the state of health & safety in steel works in the early 20th century and accident of this nature is certainly not unheard of.

Unfortunately Free BMD currently gives no deaths of anyone called John William Ellison more recently than 1906, at which time this John William Ellison would only have been 6 years old.