Turner Family History

ken66

Hi i am looking for info on Thomas Turner(stone merchant)who had the lease on Bithom House Oughtibride abt 1850? Benjamin Turner(stone mason)and licensee of the White Hart public house Oughtibridge? abt 1850 The Turner family who owned Middlewood quarry? or any other line of he Turner family originating from Bradfield/Worrall/Oughibridge area

Thanks

Hi i am looking for info on Thomas Turner(stone merchant)who had the lease on Bithom House Oughtibride abt 1850? Benjamin Turner(stone mason)and licensee of the White Hart public house Oughtibridge? abt 1850 The Turner family who owned Middlewood quarry? or any other line of he Turner family originating from Bradfield/Worrall/Oughibridge area

Thanks

Hello and Welcome to the site Ken66, hope we can help you.

Thomas Turner, Victualler, Ball, Worrall (Pigot's 1841)

Thomas Turner, Victualler, White Hart, Langsett Road North, Oughtibridge (1854)

Guest laurensanderson

Hello and Welcome to the site Ken66, hope we can help you.

Thomas Turner, Victualler, Ball, Worrall (Pigot's 1841)

Thomas Turner, Victualler, White Hart, Langsett Road North, Oughtibridge (1854)

can anyone elaborate on this, as i think this thomas turner, worrall is in my family tree x

can anyone elaborate on this, as i think this thomas turner, worrall is in my family tree x

I've nothing else to add I'm afraid. Worth checking the listing in the A-Z to see if Ukelele Lady has updated the listing since it was originally created.

Anyone else know any more please ? I did try looking on the Census, but to no avail.

I've nothing else to add I'm afraid. Worth checking the listing in the A-Z to see if Ukelele Lady has updated the listing since it was originally created.

Anyone else know any more please ? I did try looking on the Census, but to no avail.

It looks to me as if Thomas, the publican, and Thomas, the stone merchant, are one and the same from the 1841 and 1851 censuses (didn't look any further).

1841: Worral (ref: HO 107/1327/2 Folio 41 page 15)

Thos Turner 35 Publican Yes

Grace Turner 35 Yes

Benjn Turner 10 Yes

Martha Turner 8 Yes

Ann Turner 6 Yes

William Turner 4 Yes

plus two female servants and next household but one: Martha Turner 63 Yes (which may or may not be relevant!)

1851: Bithoms House (Six households at that address) (ref: HO 107/2335 Folio 383 pages 5 and6)

Thomas Turner Head Widower 45 Farmer and stone merchant Yorkshire, Bradfield

Benjamin Turner Son Unmarried 21 Stone mason Yorkshire, Bradfield

Martha Turner Daughter Unmarried 18 Housekeeper Yorkshire, Bradfield

Ann Turner Daughter Unmarried 16 Assistant Yorkshire, Bradfield

William Turner Son 14 Schoolboy Yorkshire, Bradfield

Elizabeth Turner Daughter 11 Schoolgirl Yorkshire, Bradfield

plus two farm servants

For what it's worth.

It looks to me as if Thomas, the publican, and Thomas, the stone merchant, are one and the same from the 1841 and 1851 censuses (didn't look any further).

1841: Worral (ref: HO 107/1327/2 Folio 41 page 15)

Thos Turner 35 Publican Yes

Grace Turner 35 Yes

Benjn Turner 10 Yes

Martha Turner 8 Yes

Ann Turner 6 Yes

William Turner 4 Yes

plus two female servants and next household but one: Martha Turner 63 Yes (which may or may not be relevant!)

1851: Bithoms House (Six households at that address) (ref: HO 107/2335 Folio 383 pages 5 and6)

Thomas Turner Head Widower 45 Farmer and stone merchant Yorkshire, Bradfield

Benjamin Turner Son Unmarried 21 Stone mason Yorkshire, Bradfield

Martha Turner Daughter Unmarried 18 Housekeeper Yorkshire, Bradfield

Ann Turner Daughter Unmarried 16 Assistant Yorkshire, Bradfield

William Turner Son 14 Schoolboy Yorkshire, Bradfield

Elizabeth Turner Daughter 11 Schoolgirl Yorkshire, Bradfield

plus two farm servants

For what it's worth.

Looks like a quality piece of work to me, Well done.

I received this email today, from John Mather

I am a descendant of George Turner of Worrall, Quarry Owner and Stone Merchant. He died on 13th August 1875 at Worrall age 69 at Quarry Cottage. I have a copy of his will and a photograph of him. His will shows that he owned many properties and parcels of land in the area and set his 3 sons, Joseph, George England and Thomas William up in the stone quarrying business.

I do have other information that might be of use so please do not hesitate to contact me.

If anybody wishes to contact John, send me your email by PM, and I will pass it on to him

On 06/11/2009 at 16:51, ken66 said:

Thanks

Hi Thomas Turner was the licence holder at the Blue Ball Worrall 1833-1846

I am looking for photos if you have any. I’m the current landlady.