Roll of Honour

CITY OF SHEFFIELD. ROLL OF HONOUR OF SHEFFIELD MEN WHO FELL OR DIED OF WOUNDS IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1918

(QUOTE FROM BOOK) THE INTERPRETATION OF SHEFFIELD MEN FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE ROLL OF HONOUR WAS TO BE DEEMED TO INCLUDE MEN DOMICILED IN SHEFFIELD AT THE OUTBREAK OF WAR, STUDENTS WHO WERE IN SHEFFIELD AT THE TIME AND WHO JOINED A SHEFFIELD BATTALION, AND ALSO MEN THEN TEMPORARILY ABSENT FROM THE CITY.

SERVICES INCLUD. ROYAL FLING CORPS, ROYAL AIR FORCE, NAVY AND ARMY

OVER 100 REGIMENTS NAMED.

MUST BE 5,000 NAMES WITH REGIMENT NUMBER AND RANK

65 PAGES, COVER IN FAIR CONDITION, PAGES IN FAIR TO GOOD CONDITION FOR ITS AGE

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITY-OF-SHEFFIELD-RO...%3A1|240%3A1318

Time left: 1 day 2 hours (30 Apr, 200921:23:59 BST)[Refresh]

Bid history: 1 Bid (not me), £50.00

Guest Trefcon

If anyone is bidding for this and they dont win it, i have a copy for any look ups. There is also a copy at Local Studies.

Dean.

Hi, have you still got this? I am looking for information on my great uncle, Joseph Taylor private 21656, died of wounds 28/11/1917 - surely he must be on a memorial somewhere! I believe at least one of his brothers returned from the war. I'm hoping for the off chance of getting a photo of him, or at least of his Bantam regiment, 16th Btn Cheshires. Though he did also serve with the KOYLI and R.Scots acc. to his medal cards.

just found this on the Sheffield archives; do a search for roll of honour city of Sheffield and they've made it available as a pdf download! :D

Hi, have you still got this? I am looking for information on my great uncle, Joseph Taylor private 21656, died of wounds 28/11/1917 - surely he must be on a memorial somewhere! I believe at least one of his brothers returned from the war. I'm hoping for the off chance of getting a photo of him, or at least of his Bantam regiment, 16th Btn Cheshires. Though he did also serve with the KOYLI and R.Scots acc. to his medal cards.

We have this for Joseph

http://www.sheffieldsoldierww1.co.uk/search4.php?id=496316

This information will have come from "Soldiers who Died in the Great War" (SDGW) and the Sheffield Roll, he is on the Sheffield Roll as J Taylor