Marendaz Car - Maybe In Sheffield

vox

An email request for help with a possible Sheffield location.

The Marendaz was made in Maidenhead - I loaned my car to the Maidenhead museum for a few weeks last summer for their exhibition.
It is a 1932 Marendaz Special car; it is the most original one known (now fully restored!) to exist and it spent much of its life in Sheffield at various addresses ending up in Thorganby.
Recently, these two old photos came to light and I would love to know the details of the exact street location......and the rough date.
I'm not certain that it is Sheffield but lots of circumstantial evidence points to Sheffield.
Attached are the photos of the car outside the shop of A Draper, General Dealer.
I have also attached some pictures of the car as it is now and a history of the car so far as I am aware.
I tried the local Library - but they were mainly interested in the Registration number - which is not a Sheffield one.
If you are unable to help can you provide any other email addresses to whom I might send these pictures?
Thanks
Dick Hodge

2 photos and a couple of Pdfs

I think it could be :

DRAPER, Alfd - Furniture Dealer.
34 & 36 Club Garden Road,
Kelly 1925

The bottom of Club Garden Rd is now the Lansdown estate flats.

Looking up towards Sharrow from number 34 would have given a similar view to that in the first photo.

Just my thoughts.

Marendaz PICTURE Sheet Sm.pdf

Marendaz YY8383 HISTORY.pdf

An email request for help with a possible Sheffield location.

The Marendaz was made in Maidenhead - I loaned my car to the Maidenhead museum for a few weeks last summer for their exhibition.
It is a 1932 Marendaz Special car; it is the most original one known (now fully restored!) to exist and it spent much of its life in Sheffield at various addresses ending up in Thorganby.
Recently, these two old photos came to light and I would love to know the details of the exact street location......and the rough date.
I'm not certain that it is Sheffield but lots of circumstantial evidence points to Sheffield.
Attached are the photos of the car outside the shop of A Draper, General Dealer.
I have also attached some pictures of the car as it is now and a history of the car so far as I am aware.
I tried the local Library - but they were mainly interested in the Registration number - which is not a Sheffield one.
If you are unable to help can you provide any other email addresses to whom I might send these pictures?
Thanks
wee pipe Hodge

2 photos and a couple of Pdfs

attachicon.gifYY 8383 Sheffield 1950's 1.jpg

attachicon.gifYY 8383 Sheffield 1950's 2.jpg

I think it could be :

DRAPER, Alfd - Furniture Dealer.

34 & 36 Club Garden Road,

Kelly 1925

The bottom of Club Garden Rd is now the Lansdown estate flats.

Looking up towards Sharrow from number 34 would have given a similar view to that in the first photo.

Just my thoughts.

Arch and doorway are similar here, s14478

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s14478&prevUrl=

I'd also go with these theories and looking a the lintel in the buildings beyond the VW Beetle in this shot...

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s14475&pos=15&action=zoom&id=17293

I'd say that looks like Draper's shop front on the corner? Also, take a look at how the front garden walls are set out in shot 1 and compare them to the PS shot, as they also seem similar? The box bay windows also look consistent?

Just to verify that the 2 photos were taken in the same place but from different directions, there is a small piece of waste paper on the road in front of the car which appears in both photos.

And a further piece of evidence for this possible location:

Darkening the photo shows a road junction on the left, at the point where Sharrow Street would meet Club Garden Rd.