Anyone Know Where Rose Hill Is/was?

Baldy67

Could anyone tell me where a road in Sheffield called Rose Hill is/was around 1916? I think it has gone now as i have tried to google it but all that comes up is one at Mosborough which i think is a newish estate unless it has been built over. I'm thinking it was around Attercliffe, Brightside, Darnall, Handsworth as they were married in Brightside Parish Church.

Furthermore could anyone tell me who was living at 51 and 53 Rose Hill in 1916 as i have people who i am researching that were living at these addresses when they got married but would like to know who they were living with. Annie Bunting was living at 51 while husband to be Thomas Higgins was living at 53 Rose Hill.

Thanks for any info.

Could anyone tell me where a road in Sheffield called Rose Hill is/was around 1916? I think it has gone now as i have tried to google it but all that comes up is one at Mosborough which i think is a newish estate unless it has been built over. I'm thinking it was around Attercliffe, Brightside, Darnall, Handsworth as they were married in Brightside Parish Church.

Furthermore could anyone tell me who was living at 51 and 53 Rose Hill in 1916 as i have people who i am researching that were living at these addresses when they got married but would like to know who they were living with. Annie Bunting was living at 51 while husband to be Thomas Higgins was living at 53 Rose Hill.

Thanks for any info.

There is a thread on Sheffield Forum about Rose Hill, link below:-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=599957

Sheffield Indexers

Mattock, Jacob (Student, dob 30 May 1910).
Parent or guardian name(s): Jacob (~), of 51 Rose Hill.
Admitted to Brightside Infants School, Brightside, as of 31 May 1915,
until 11 Feb 1918, reason for leaving: Tr Boys Dept. Previously attended None.
Remarks: ~.

Cheers everyone who posted a reply telling me where Rose Hill was.

Special cheers to Neddy, on the afore mentioned Marriage certificate of Annie Bunting (living at 51 Rose Hill) and husband to be Thomas Higgins (living at 53 Rose Hill), Maria Mattock was a witness. Maria Mattock (nee Taylor) married Jacob Mattock in Sheffield 1909 and had the son Jacob in 1910 (the one you have found school records for) on the 1911 census. So Annie, if not related, must have been boarding with them in 1916. But although you have helped me find out more about 51 Rose Hill and the Mattock's i still can't make a connection but it may do in the future. I don't think Thomas Higgins or Annie Bunting were living on Rose Hill on the 1911 census.

Cheers again to everyone who took time to post replies.