Baptisms

Guest Emma Carter

Guest Emma Carter

I am trying to find out where my grandfather was Baptist his name is Joshua William Fothergill born on the 5 Oct 1887 on his birth certificate the address he was born was 424 Brightside lane Also I am looking for my grandmother baptism her name was Florence Fedora Corker born 25 Aug 1884 she was born in Carlisle Street the last one iam looking for is my father's baptism his name was Stanley Fothergill born 5 Jan 1921 he born at 43 Charlisle street I would be grateful because I do not live in Sheffield and I have tried before without any results

Thanks

Guest Barbara M

Have you tried the Sheffield Indexers webb site, there is a lot of info on there including baptisms.

Good luck !

As an afterthought , are you a member of Ancestry , if so that is a good place to look.

There are no baptism records on Ancestry for these people. There are plenty of material on them there including a photo a photo of J W Fothergill, but I suspect Emma might already be that member or a member of Ancestry. If you are not then I can help with the information.

Since Sheffield Archives has no real links with Ancestry, baptism records from our area will be hard to find there. Plenty of West Yorkshire material, just not the South stuff!

The most likely places that these people would have been baptised, assuming that they were C.of E. would have been Holy Trinity Church, Darnall, St. Thomas's Church, Brightside, or maybe, St.Lawrence's Church, Tinsley.

Unfortunately and to the best of my knowledge none of these records however have yet been indexed. However, I do believe that the Sheffied and District Family History Society might undertake the necessary research for you, but naturally, for a fee.

If you go to the Sheffield Archives you will be able to look through the St Thomas and St Lawrence Church Tinsley for free.

I've searched through both of these and some of the years are on film or fiche.