Book Writing

Calvin72

Hello all,

I am writing a small book on Sheffield's pavement features. It will mainly consist of research and writing i have already posted on here, put into some sort of order with loads of photographs and locations. I am appealing for advice and suggestions from people here too! I will be finished with text quite soon i think and next week myself and Andy1702 will take some more photos to add to the hundreds we already have. I picture the book as being very visual with lots of photos and locations accompanied by some short text descriptions and history background. A large credit will of course be given to this site :)

Feel free to contact me at shefflivecalvin@inbox.com

Thanks everyone!

You're welcome to use any photos that I've taken - if there are any worth having. :)

Good luck with your project.

Can I update this as I have started writing and Andy is working on layout etc - we want to use information added by others on this site, including photos, newspaper clippings and directory listings. If anyone wants to have their real name credited, or indeed don't want their work used, then please contact me here or at shefflivecalvin@inbox.com. The planned name is 'Drainspotting: A guide to Sheffield's pavement features' and it will take it's inspiration from the 'Drainspotting' thread. Many thanks :)

' Drainspotting! - A guide to Sheffield's Pavement features ' will be out on November 1st. We are setting out to explain and identify, but also encourage further research by Sheffielders going about their everyday business. Hopefully we can help introduce local history to a new audience.

Good Luck - how do I as a non-local buy a copy ?

Wait twenty or so years, and one will probably crop up on ebay for £29.99 + £4.99 P&P

he he

Good Luck - how do I as a non-local buy a copy ?

It will be published and sold online as well as (i hope!) local bookshops. I will post details later in the month.