Infirmary Road - Albert Terrace Road, Workshops Exposed

miked

From Google earth, looks like Albert Terrace Road not Bedford st. Sorry there was not a street sign. Thanks

From Google earth, looks like Albert Terrace Road not Bedford st. Sorry there was not a street sign. Thanks

:o ................... lol

Yes it is behind the row where the "new" Hungry Wolf is (Maybe number 132). The original one, on the corner, was abandoned after the shop next door burned down some years ago. The cafe moved a few doors up the road. I've been meaning to take the photo for a while but never got round to it. They started the demolition a few weeks ago I think.

Original Hungry Wolf

Google Streetview

Sorry for disjointed thread, some postings went wrong or since gone missing. Pic taken yesterday when passing, got the name of location wrong at first. Albert terrace street sign went with demolition.

I will see if I can get a better look tomorrow.

The 126 Infirmary Road and the 46 Albert Terrace Road once belonged to Barkers caterers when

I worked there many years ago. The number 46 was the bakery in the back of the shop the shop being

on the corner 126 Infirmary Road . Mr Alan Barker had his office above the bakery upstairs of number 46.

I can't remember if number 44 also belonged to him at the time but I know we used to step outside

into the yard where this old workshop was and still is for the moment. You can see the steps going up

to the workshop on Steve's map.

I don't know what address this workshop would have but at a guess I would say it would be a court

as it was in the middle of the yard, the other shops had addresses either on Infirmary Road or Albert Terrace

Road

I drove past Thursday to get a picture of it but because of some traffic holdup I didn't get the chance.

I don't know what address this workshop would have but at a guess I would say it would be a court

as it was in the middle of the yard, the other shops had addresses either on Infirmary Road or Albert Terrace

Road

From what I have checked, it looks to be Court 8, Infirmary Road.