Henry Rolley

Guest Decky Doris

Guest Decky Doris

Hi Folks. I haven't looked on here for a long time as I sort of finished my family history project. But as this has a Sheffield connection, I thought someone out there might be interested.

While looking into another family history, I decided to do a quick search for my Rolleys from Sheffield, in case anything new had turned up.

I have previously spent many hours trying to find out anything about the attached photo, but to no avail. My Great, Great Grandfather, Henry Rolley is sat, fourth from the left, with the big black 'tash. I've never got to the bottom of the question of "Who are these men and which society to they belong" So, just now, while doing the search for Rolley in newspapers, I found this article. Also attached.

My Henry Rolley was born in 1859, so I think the photo and article are probably connected.

Does anyone agree with this? If anyone would like to give me an opinion or knows anything else, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Hi Folks. I haven't looked on here for a long time as I sort of finished my family history project. But as this has a Sheffield connection, I thought someone out there might be interested.

While looking into another family history, I decided to do a quick search for my Rolleys from Sheffield, in case anything new had turned up.

I have previously spent many hours trying to find out anything about the attached photo, but to no avail. My Great, Great Grandfather, Henry Rolley is sat, fourth from the left, with the big black 'tash. I've never got to the bottom of the question of "Who are these men and which society to they belong" So, just now, while doing the search for Rolley in newspapers, I found this article. Also attached.

My Henry Rolley was born in 1859, so I think the photo and article are probably connected.

Does anyone agree with this? If anyone would like to give me an opinion or knows anything else, I'm all ears. Thanks.attachicon.gifHenry Rolley Oddfellows. Sheffield Independent 01 October 1889.pngattachicon.gifHenry Rolley..png

Just a minor detail, Your Henry Rolley was Born in 1859 and the article is dated 1889 so that would make him 30 Years old

my thoughts are there are only two Gentlemen in the photo that could possibly be around 30 years of age ??.