Where Has He Gone?

Guest cindy

Guest cindy

My Grandfather Stanley Green born 1896 lived at 44 Townhead Street (boarding house) and had a Coal Merchants office at 47 Campo Lane in 1918 - 1929 as listed in Kelly's Directory when he stopped trading as he divorced my Gran (Rose Gripton) seems to have disappeared. I can find no army records form him, no Divorce records and no birth certificate. Has anyone got any suggestions as where to look. Please any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Guest suesi

Hi

The surname Green is quite hard to search. Have you got your grandparents marriage certificate? The certificate will give the name of Stanley's father and his occupation. There is a possibility he wasn't born in Sheffield. On freebmd this is the marriage registration- note the spelling of your grandmother's surname.

Green Stanley Cripton Sep 1918 Sheffield 9c 1112

Cripton Rose Green Sep 1918 Sheffield 9c 1112

Sue

There is a Stanley Green born c1895 Rotherham, living at the Effingham Arms, who received the MM in WW1, but no next of kin listed, so dunno if that could be the chap but the birth years are not too far apart.

I'll keep having a look around.

Guest cindy

I have Rose Gripton & Stanley Green's marriage certificate they married 8.8.1918 in Sheffield Registry Office his father was George Green a Steel Fettler. but George was deceased on the certificate. I have tried to find the witness at the wedding there name was Albert & May Friskney

just hoping they may have been related but no such luck. Thank you for looking and your advice this has been my brick wall for ages.

On the 1911 there is an Albert Friskney age 17 and sister May Friskney, 13 living with siblings and mother Elizabeth Friskney at 22 Spain Lane, Boston Lincs.

In 1915 Albert married a Mary Ann Getliffe born Sheffield in 1892.

War buddies perhaps?

I found a service record for Albert's brother Leslie Ronald Friskney (Born Boston Lincs), who is listed as living at 54 Hawksley Avenue, Sheffield during the war at working at Hadfield's.

Search continues.....