New Chariots For Old.

hilldweller

I've been demoted, second vehicle wise, I'm now down to 4 miles an hour when I'm not in my Big Red Monster.

Two years ago we bought another scooter for our disabled brother-in-law, a Pride Colt Plus.

We delivered it to him, put it in the outhouse and it's never shifted from there since. He just didn't have the confidence to use it.

Before we bought it he had trial runs on my own scooter but never having been even a cyclist he just couldn't face it when it came to it.

He's kept the batteries in peak condition with frequent charging and a couple of weeks ago he asked us to take it back.

My own big brute of a Shoprider Cordoba scooter was getting very creaky at six years old, and the ride was begining to shake me up a bit so I've decided to use the little one instead.

I've been out and about on it and amazingly the hill climbing and range on a charge are the equal of the big one.

The batteries are only 32 Ah instead of the Cordoba's 80 Ah but of course the big one weighs twice as much and a lot of the energy was used in just propelling the thing around.

The ride is about as smooth, which means pretty bumpy on the Hallam Moors roads, and the fact that it travels at half the speed means that I have more time to admire the surroundings.

So if you see me around, if I'm not in my Big Red Monster, I shall be in my Little Red MiniMonster.

HD

I've been demoted, second vehicle wise, I'm now down to 4 miles an hour when I'm not in my Big Red Monster.

Two years ago we bought another scooter for our disabled brother-in-law, a Pride Colt Plus.

We delivered it to him, put it in the outhouse and it's never shifted from there since. He just didn't have the confidence to use it.

Before we bought it he had trial runs on my own scooter but never having been even a cyclist he just couldn't face it when it came to it.

He's kept the batteries in peak condition with frequent charging and a couple of weeks ago he asked us to take it back.

My own big brute of a Shoprider Cordoba scooter was getting very creaky at six years old, and the ride was begining to shake me up a bit so I've decided to use the little one instead.

I've been out and about on it and amazingly the hill climbing and range on a charge are the equal of the big one.

The batteries are only 32 Ah instead of the Cordoba's 80 Ah but of course the big one weighs twice as much and a lot of the energy was used in just propelling the thing around.

The ride is about as smooth, which means pretty bumpy on the Hallam Moors roads, and the fact that it travels at half the speed means that I have more time to admire the surroundings.

So if you see me around, if I'm not in my Big Red Monster, I shall be in my Little Red MiniMonster.

HD

And should you be unfortunate enough to break down/run out of juice, will you still be able to summon a Pickfords heavy retrieval tractor as in former days?

And should you be unfortunate enough to break down/run out of juice, will you still be able to summon a Pickfords heavy retrieval tractor as in former days?

Yes and No Bayleaf.

My insurance/recovery policy covers me for electrical/mechanical breakdowns, but not for punctures or flat batteries. To add this option costs an extra three arms and two legs.

I cover myself by never running the battery condition indication below 50% before turning for home and on the last scooter I had the tyres puncture proofed.

The new steed has puncture proof solid tyres with a solid foam filling.

If it breaks down, it will look even dafter sat on the back of the recovery flat-bed.

I should apologise for placing my original post in the wrong section. The only thing historical about the post is me and I'm more hysterical than historical. :rolleyes:

HD