One Person, One Place, One Event, One Year.

RichardB

What four things would you use to define Sheffield History, obviously you would use lots more words, but, given the boundry of one person, one place, one event, one year ... what would you choose.

As an example : Rev. James Wilkinson (the Father of Sheffield), Sheffield Castle, The Blitz, 1913 (Harry Brearley, Stainless Steel)

any timescale is acceptable (if anyone chooses Steps at The Arena, I'm off), I've not even chosen my entries, just examples ... what would you choose ? Is it modern history, Victorian stuff or ancient history, what rocks your boat ?

Justify your choice please.

1. My great great grandparents, They, like many other working class parentsof the day put my infant great grandfather to bed in a drawer that just happened to be watertight, he was found floating around the bedroom on the night of the Great Sheffield Flood. 2. Fred Pass. A very under estimated man. We were in the same class [it was a hut really] he was a year older than me but at Hillfoot School senior three and four boys had Mr Dowson, the girls had Miss Hart. 3. Bramall Lane. Watching Sheffield United with Kieth Hackett, we had won two seats at school for a evening match. 4. 1994. The year I met the late mother of my two youngest children. W/E.