William B Bateman 1911 Census

Jen13

Hi

I cannot find William b 1891 on the 1911 census and wondered if someone else could spot him. He might be with parents Henry b 1853 and Emma b 1855 all from Sheffield.

1901 census address 18 Collier's Row Park District.

I'm beginning to think the enumerator missed them off!

many thanks

Jenny

His army records give his address in 1914 as 147 Pond Street and his parents address as back of 170 Duke Street.

Hi Edmund

many thanks for finding him. It is the correct person as he states he's a printer on his enlistment into the army.

I knew I needed an extra pair of eyes!

I know this may be cheeky but could you see if you can find his parents please?

thanks again

Jenny

I know this may be cheeky but could you see if you can find his parents please?

Jenny,

Sorry, I could find no trace of Henry and Emma in the 1911 census, but Sheffield Indexers provided burial details, so they were still around somewhere....

Bateman, Emma (Widow, age 66). Died at Bk 170 Duke St; Buried on January 18, 1922 in Unconsecrated ground; Grave Number 9324, Section I of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Bateman, Henry (Carter, age 32). Died at 170 Duke St; Buried on October 18, 1913 in General Portion ground; Grave Number 9324, Section I of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Bateman, Henry (Labourer, age 63). Died at Union Hospital; Buried on November 28, 1916 in General Portion ground; Grave Number 9324, Section I of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield

And in 1905 Henry was a shopkeeper at 18 Colliers Row:

Hi again Edmund

I'd found the burial info but thanks for looking. I didn't know about Henry being a shop keeper though!

thanks again

Jenny