Loxley Cemetery

Guest sal1974

Does anybody know of a way to find out if one of my relatives is buried at Loxley Cemetery? Im looking for an Elizabeth Mitchell who died 1st December 1963. My family seem to think she is buried there but cannot find any listings and the cemetery is reported to be quite neglected so walking round it to try and find her seems like a no go. Any help much appreciated.

It seems she may not be buried at loxley after all as she is not on any records. Anyone got any good websites that may find her grave. I've tried a couple but they come up with zero matches

Could she have been buried in Wisewood Cemetery ?

This is located in the Loxley valley by the village of Loxley. I guess it was called Wisewood because of the much older burial ground a very short distance away already being called Loxley.

I attended an interment in Loxley Burial ground in the early seventies 'so it was certainly still in use at that time.

Wisewood Cemetery belongs to the council 'so a call to the office at City Road should tell you if she was buried there. I think the Loxley burial ground is now in private hands, the chapel having closed years ago.

HD

Hello. Just a thought: could your ancestor have been buried at Loxley Congregational? I visited that small, overgrown graveyard a couple of times, when I was still living in Sheffield. I was able to come away with quite a few good photos of gravestones - though none with the surname you mention.

Guest sal1974

Hi Matthew, I've found the burial this weekend at archives and it is loxley cemetery buried with her husband John . So I am going to try and find a map and hopefully locate their grave. Many thanks for taking the time to look for me :-)

Kind regards

Sal x