Greystones Infant And Primary Schools

Edmund

There's no thread on Greystones Infants and Primary Schools (Tullibardine Road) so I thought I'd start one.

I was there from 1963 until 1967, when we flitted to Crosspool. The Headmaster was Mr Brown. Memorable teachers were Miss Jepson (nice but stood on my thumb during an assembly), Mrs Milburn (old and reminiscent of Ena Sharples in my mind), and Mrs Harris, whose daughter Katherine was in my class.

The classrooms (at least in the extension buildings) were laid out with a block of desks in the middle, the type with a shelf underneath for a hefty brown cardboard box for your books. These were surrounded by three rows of desks with lift up lids, and these were allocated to the clever kids.

Pupils names I still remember: Mark Senior (cleverest boy in the class), Jane Thompson (cleverest girl), Bernard Short, Richard Dalgarno (Ranby Road), Susan Bee (Greystones Road), Julian Bell (Rustlings Road), Amanda Armitage (dad was a painter), Christopher Burdett (Stainton Road), Aileen Jackson.

Sounds likeley it was the same Miss Jepson. There's a photo here from Greystones in 1977, I think she would be the lady on the left, but my memory doesn't run to a good identification.

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/greystones-infant-school-year-f3-1977-i-think-because-of-silver-jubilee-hats-no/Memory/cc7e208c-83b3-4c2e-bd30-972ecbdbbacc