1861 2D Blue (Pair)

RichardB

28th November 1861, Sheffield to France on sheet. £20. Over 1 day left; not buying, not selling ... just NOT !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GB-Great-Britain-1861-Entire-Sheffield-to-France-with-SG45-2d-blue-plate-9-x2-/221011340954?pt=UK_Stamps_BritishStamps&hash=item33754d6e9a

28th November 1861, Sheffield to France on sheet. £20. Over 1 day left; not buying, not selling ... just NOT !

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33754d6e9a

You had me fooled with the title there Richard, - I take it that it's the stamps we are talking about

It should be 2d not 2D

2d = 2 denarius, or in English rather than Latin, 2 pence (old money) ;-)

I was wondering what it was that was 2D= 2 dimensional??? :blink:

Isn't there a fault on the site to do with topic titles where it sometimes alters capital and lower case letters so they appear incorrectly?

Seem to remember it has happened in other topics before.

Indeed, I typed 2d (correctly) and "the system" made the alteration - which is nice.

You had me fooled with the title there Richard, - I take it that it's the stamps we are talking about

It should be 2d not 2D

2d = 2 denarius, or in English rather than Latin, 2 pence (old money) ;-)

I was wondering what it was that was 2D= 2 dimensional??? :blink:

Isn't there a fault on the site to do with topic titles where it sometimes alters capital and lower case letters so they appear incorrectly?

Seem to remember it has happened in other topics before.

Indeed, I typed 2d (correctly) and "the system" made the alteration - which is nice.

I had thought that was the case Richard.

I wasn't accusing you of making a mistake just because I didn't spell Frecheville correctly in another topic

(Named after the French landowner Peter Frecheville apparently, - according to Harold Armitage's book Chantrey Land)

If he was French, wouldn't he be called Pierre Frecheville? :huh:

Wasn't sure about the Frecheville - not my end of town,

The stamps .. I know my 2d from my 2D .... despite my age on 15th February 1971 ....

I had thought that was the case Richard.

I wasn't accusing you of making a mistake just because I didn't spell Frecheville correctly in another topic

(Named after the French landowner Peter Frecheville apparently, - according to Harold Armitage's book Chantrey Land)

If he was French, wouldn't he be called Pierre Frecheville? :huh: