Haze

biggles111

Does anyone else remember Haze? I remember seeing them at the Leadmill more then once (My Maths teacher was Paul Chisnell, the drummer) and I was hoping for extra credits! i have a couple of their tapes and an LP, (none of which I can play now) They were quite an influence on my musical tatses in those days, and remember spending ages painting a large mushroom on my school 6th Forum locker during the summer of 1983!

Does anyone else remember Haze? I remember seeing them at the Leadmill more then once (My Maths teacher was Paul Chisnell, the drummer) and I was hoping for extra credits! i have a couple of their tapes and an LP, (none of which I can play now) They were quite an influence on my musical tatses in those days, and remember spending ages painting a large mushroom on my school 6th Forum locker during the summer of 1983!

Not a band I know at all (but then very few are).

I note that Haze has a myspace page with a biography of the band, so you can learn more about them and listen without all that old technology of LPs and tapes.

http://www.myspace.com/hazeuk

I think I saw them at the University - a bit like Jethro Tull meets Yes. I wasn't very impressed as a fancied myself as a bit of a punk rocker! lol

Since posting this, I have found quite a few sites with footage etc. Am so inspired went and dug the old LPs out of the lost for a listen and regressed back to my teens! Now where are those joss sticks.......

Haze are still around, Chris McMahon, his brother Paul and Paul Chisnell also perform under the name Treebeard. We had some great nights with Haze up at the George IV back in the 80s. Their Christmas gigs were absolutely brilliant too.

I managed to find Chris's eBay shop, Gabadon Music and managed to purchase a couple of CD's of some of the older stuff, great memories, especially of the Leadmill in the 80's