Sheffield History Twitter And Facebook

Sheffield History

Sheffield History is now available on twitter and facebook !

Sheffield History twitter - @sheffhistory

Sheffield History facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sheffield-History/138165072945415

Add us

Like us

Encourage us

Enjoy us

THANK YOU !

Tremendous news, obviously the brainchild of a genius he he

I don't do either (or even really know what they are), but Good Luck with the process; hope it's a great success.

I'm on Facebook but not a very avid user - gets to be a bit much at times.

Wish you all the best

Gill

I'm also a member on Faceache, never used the site, what can you do on there ?

I keep getting emails from them, they contain things like “Mrs Longbottom wants to be your friend” :)

Well, for a start you can be my friend lol

I find it very often more annoying than useful but I have some cousins who post photos on there and send me messages. One of them invited me to join. Could all be done by email of course.

Maybe someone who uses it regularly could point out its advantages:

Facebook is one of the most powerful things on the internet

For keeping in touch with family and friends all in one place it's unbeatable

I have all my family, my friends, my work colleagues and my business acquaintances on there

Basically you add who you want to keep in touch with or contact as 'friends' - then it's up to you how much or how little you use it

I find it absolutely invaluable now

Facebook is one of the most powerful things on the internet

For keeping in touch with family and friends all in one place it's unbeatable

I have all my family, my friends, my work colleagues and my business acquaintances on there

Basically you add who you want to keep in touch with or contact as 'friends' - then it's up to you how much or how little you use it

I find it absolutely invaluable now

My wife has a FaceBook account and as you say it is invaluable for keeping in touch with family that have flown the nest. She keeps in touch with all 3 of our children, our grandchildren and other family members such as brothers and sisters by this method.

I personally do not have a FaceBook account so that as a teacher I do not get unwanted contact from students / ex students. It's a professional thing and is the best advice of the ICT department and the unions. I know you can allow or stop access to your Facebook but with all the security breeches these days quite frankly it is not worth this hassle.

Anyway, I can contact who I want using my wifes account if we just use it for family can't I.

I keep in touch with family and friends by phone, text , email and post [ greeting cards ]

who needs facebook?

The advantage of facebook is that you can keep up to date with your friends in a way you don't with a 'formal' email. It's a bit like listening to a big conversation in a crowd without having to take part - but you know what is going on.

Access to photo's is another plus as you don't have to store them on your own computer.

With my lad just installed in University we have also found that Skype is proving to be a very useful bit of software as well.

Facebook is one of the most powerful things on the internet For keeping in touch with family and friends all in one place it's unbeatable I have all my family, my friends, my work colleagues and my business acquaintances on there Basically you add who you want to keep in touch with or contact as 'friends' - then it's up to you how much or how little you use it I find it absolutely invaluable now

I'm not too sure what you mean by powerful - it's certainly the most popular invention in the last few years. Practically all the youngsters in our village are on it with 400 and more friends per teenager!!

I saw your message to look at this site if I were not already on it. I am the windblown female with the two huge dogs sitting on a bank in the woods!!!!!

So how does Facebook work as a tool for Sheffield History.

I can see how it works for keeping in touch with friends and colleagues, but not as a tool for Sheffield History.

Alright you could have a group of like minded people and update it every time you do something, but are we interested everytime for example Richard has a pie for his tea or DaveH does not win the pub quiz.

Am I missing something

Well I have Facebook on my phone and get advance notification when somebody has posted on Sheffield History. It can be usefull if it is a story that you are following and you do not need to keep putting your pc on to check. Mine is also a usefull way to keep track on family and friends living a good distance from me and to look at the photo's.

So how does Facebook work as a tool for Sheffield History.

I can see how it works for keeping in touch with friends and colleagues, but not as a tool for Sheffield History.

Alright you could have a group of like minded people and update it every time you do something, but are we interested everytime for example Richard has a pie for his tea or DaveH does not win the pub quiz.

Am I missing something

I could add you as a friend :P

Would I still be able to post it if I DID win the pub quiz?

Anyway, I thought as far as pub quizzes went I was one half of the "Chas & Dave" team so it takes 2 of us to win, and 2 of us to loose.

Well I have Facebook on my phone and get advance notification when somebody has posted on Sheffield History. It can be usefull if it is a story that you are following and you do not need to keep putting your pc on to check. Mine is also a usefull way to keep track on family and friends living a good distance from me and to look at the photo's.

I don't think having advance notification of SH posts would be any use to Stuart.

He is logged on to the site almost 24/7 and when he goes out he logs on to SH using the browser on his mobile phone.

So, in terms of keeping up to speed on SH postings FaceBook would just be an unneccessary middle man.

We can cut out the middle man and not miss it.

I'm answering my own post!!

I reckon the "power" of Facebook is that "*everyone", forums, clubs, associations, etc. is on it, and if you are not, you are "out of the scene".

I'm on a global working dog forum and they are on it too.It is my choice to join in or not.