Were you at any of these games?

Guest Kivo

If you went to any of these, please share your memories on them, I have all statistics, facts etc..., but I need the human touch

Chelsea v Wednesday FA Cup semi 1966

Everton v Wednesday FA Cup final 1966

Wednesday 5-4 Man U 1968

Wednesday 2-1 Southend 1976 (last game of season to escape drop into fourth)

Boxing Day Massacre

Wednesday 4-4 Chelsea League Cup

Wednesday 3-1 Chelsea LC semi

League Cup final 91

Blackburn 2-4 Wednesday LC semi 1993

steel city semi

FA Cup final replay 93

Waddle match v West Ham

Muchos gracias senoritas

Quite simply the best game of football I have ever seen

Still remember Marwood's curling goal, Canoville running towards the uncovered south where I was sat, Doug Rougvie and Mickey Thomas the bad boys of football and of course Sterlands penalty

The singlemost amazing match - and due to it being an evening cup tie it was even more special

If you went to any of these, please share your memories on them, I have all statistics, facts etc..., but I need the human touch

Chelsea v Wednesday FA Cup semi 1966

Everton v Wednesday FA Cup final 1966

Wednesday 5-4 Man U 1968

Wednesday 2-1 Southend 1976 (last game of season to escape drop into fourth)

Boxing Day Massacre

Wednesday 3-1 Chelsea LC semi

League Cup final 91

Blackburn 2-4 Wednesday LC semi 1993

steel city semi

FA Cup final replay 93

Waddle match v West Ham

Muchos gracias senoritas

I am getting a feelig of deja vu with this post lol

Welcome to the site Kivo and it is a good post. The games in bold are the ones I attended personally and have seen the rest. We were choked when we could not get a ticket for the 66 final though it was bad enough watching it on TV. Boxing Day has to be the best of the bunch, the whole build up to the game, the fact that the Blades were top and excpecting to get a result and the actual scoreline was fantastic.

I don't go to matches these days although my heart is still with Wednesday, out of the matches you name I was at the Southend match where we had to win to stay up in 1976 which we did. I was there for the Boxing day massacre and the 4-4 with Chelsea, but the best football game I ever saw in my life which is included on your list is the home match when we beat Manchester United 5-4 in front of over 50,000 people. Jack Whitham scored 4 that day and United included Best, Law & Charlton. It was an unforgettable day sadly not filmed for prosperity .... never to be forgotten.

Remember the Blackburn 2 v 4 SWFC very well Blackburn were pulling down the old away stand, the structure was still there but no roof but the noise was still brilliant from the owls fans I don't know how the guy in front of me kept on his feet he had his leg in plaster and every time SWFC scored he was waving one crutch about and trying to stay upright with the other I also remember talking to some Blackburn fans after the game and they were absolutely sick because they thought they were Wembley bound that season and didn't consider SWFC much of a threat what a night!!!!.

Guest shezza91

Remember the Blackburn 2 v 4 SWFC very well Blackburn were pulling down the old away stand, the structure was still there but no roof but the noise was still brilliant from the owls fans I don't know how the guy in front of me kept on his feet he had his leg in plaster and every time SWFC scored he was waving one crutch about and trying to stay upright with the other I also remember talking to some Blackburn fans after the game and they were absolutely sick because they thought they were Wembley bound that season and didn't consider SWFC much of a threat what a night!!!!.

This is the gospel truth, I was the one with the crutches.

It is my claim to fame cos everyone remembers that from that match. I've still got it on video.

I broke my leg playin football the week before we played spora luxembourg away in the uefa cup and i had a ticket. Although I managed to get my money back, the club was really fair with me. I WAS GUTTED I COULDN'T GO.

I was on those crutches for 6 months due to the severity of the break. It was at a time when I used to go all over the place with Wednesday.

To answer the question Kivo, I went to every game on your list from the Boxing Day Massacre onwards.

Some great days there.

If I remember correctly in the above game v Blackburn Nigel Pearson broke his leg and tried to carry on playing.

Wow!! never realised it until now look at the first pic is that not a crutch in being held aloft to the left hand side behind the goal??

I went to the 1968 match against Man U. The Police Horses being used to control the crowd against the old cop is the biggest memory from that.

Guest BUXT0NGENT

Remember going to Maine Road for the Chelsea- Wed Semi in 1966. despite the score, and the fact that we were 'going to Wembley', the main thing that stays in my mind was the way Vic Mobley went down when he broke his leg. It must have been in the mind, because of the background noise, but I swear I heard the bone crack. The look on Vic's face when he realisd that he'd miss the Final said it all. I do remember him especially for the way he stayed on the field, hobbling about and unable to affect the game, except that by his staying on the field, he was tying up one of their players for the rest of the game. The heroics of the man! Anyone know where he is now?

New Zealand last heard of.

Remember going to Maine Road for the Chelsea- Wed Semi in 1966. despite the score, and the fact that we were 'going to Wembley', the main thing that stays in my mind was the way Vic Mobley went down when he broke his leg. It must have been in the mind, because of the background noise, but I swear I heard the bone crack. The look on Vic's face when he realisd that he'd miss the Final said it all. I do remember him especially for the way he stayed on the field, hobbling about and unable to affect the game, except that by his staying on the field, he was tying up one of their players for the rest of the game. The heroics of the man! Anyone know where he is now?

I went to the Wednesday, Man United game in 1968. I was on the Kop right behind the goal and Nobby Stiles scored the last goal for Wednesday. He was KISSED by Wednesday players. He must have spent ages washing his face. Great game.

The first time I went to Hillsborough was to watch Wednesday against Roma in the Inter Cities Fairs. Can't remember the date or the score but from that time on, I was a Wednesday supporter and still will be to my dying day.