The Newfield Inn - Heeley

SteveHB

Latest addition to the demolished pubs list ...

Newfield Inn corner of Penns Road/Denmark Road,Heeley.

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2007/post-188-1176323520.jpghttp://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2007/post-188-1176323669.jpg

Wonder if they saved the sign?

It looks like it's slap bang in the middle of a housing area so quite surprised it's closed and demolished ?

It looks like it's slap bang in the middle of a housing area so quite surprised it's closed and demolished ?

It has been closed for a long time, i would be guessing at two/three years, seems no one would take it on. So the land will be used for flats now.

Guest holberry

It has been closed for a long time, i would be guessing at two/three years, seems no one would take it on. So the land will be used for flats now.

hi steve HB thanks for posting these great pic of the newfield , intended to take some myself before demolition but never got round to it , I used to live at the pub from 1967 to 1979 I am searching for pics to post

Guest westy

What a sorry sight to see, I remember when i used to work behind the bar at The Newfield and it used to be a thriving pub at that time (year 2000/1 if i remember).

Ian & Diane were the landlord/lady at that time.

Hi westy, you and i must have crossed paths at one time as The Newfield for me was a drop in pub over a period of thirty years or so.

I also worked behind a bar at the nearby Ball Inn Myrtle Road, 1996 to 99, guess that would make us a pair of ..... 'Proper Bar Stewards' then !!! ...???

;-)

And as this is your first post greetings and “Welcome to Sheffield History” :)

Nice to get a photo, well done, I don't know the pub, never did, I left Sheffield in 1981, but well done to record the place before its demise .... ooooh and Welcome

Guest Ruthanne

So sad...my Great, great, great grandparents, Thomas and Elizabeth Pemberton owned this pub during both the 1901 and 1911 censuses!

The pub was promised to my Great grandmother, as she lived and worked there, but she never got it. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Ruth

So sad...my Great, great, great grandparents, Thomas and Elizabeth Pemberton owned this pub during both the 1901 and 1911 censuses!

The pub was promised to my Great grandmother, as she lived and worked there, but she never got it. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Ruth

A couple of newspaper cuttings you might not have seen Ruth: